Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jaws (and IQ) Drop in Disbelief

I think it's a pretty simple request, folks: please believe me. I know I may guise the truth with humor or sarcasm, but the truth comes out shortly. So if I make a simple statement, please believe me. Not everything requires an interview and 10+ follow up questions. If I tell you I'm going to dinner, I am. Please don't say "but it's late." Yes, I am aware it is late but that will not stop me. If I say I have a midterm, please don't try to confirm with "another one? But you had one Tuesday." Yes, that is true. It is also true that I have one tomorrow. Do you think my professors will say "oh, but Zahir has a midterm Tuesday, so I will not give it to him on Thursday." If I say I will stay up all not studying, do not ask "are you going to sleep?" You're wasting time and brain cells.

And why do laundry detergents advertise to make your clothes smell like Spring time rain? My sweater got drenched in spring time rain yesterday and it smells like crap.

No comments: