Monday, June 9, 2008

Los Angeles: The City of Hope

As my good friend Erica Younge said, "I have never been so optimistic after a loss" and that is exactly how I feel. The lakers came back 22 points from a 24 point deficit late in Game 2 of the NBA Finals. Had the referees been officiating fairly, the Lakers would not have been in that conundrum in the first place. And still! They shot back giving the entire Celtic team a huge shock.

We're two games down, the Celtics are halfway there, but it's our turn to play some ball, LA style. If we can do what we did in Boston, a three game home sweep should not be a problem. I leave it up to the fortunate (and I'm not only talking about luck) fans who will at Staples Center to give Boston the heat and cheer our team to Victory. Please don't give up. If Kobe didn't give up in the 3rd quarter, you shouldn't give up by the 3rd game.

-Zahir

No comments: